The joy of the Isles of Scilly is that the islands are relatively close together and, as a result, the waters between them are more protected for swimming in many weathers and sea states. Adventure Scilly organise a number of swim challenges as well as a week’s guided swim holidays.
Inter-island swims on Scilly
Adventure Scilly offer guided swims between the islands as follows:
– Tresco – Bryher – Samson (2.5 km in total)
– Tresco – St Helen’s and Foreman’s Islands – Tean (2 km in total)
– Tean to St Martin’s (190 metres)
– Higher Town, St Martin’s to Bar Point on St Mary’s (3km)
Scilly swim challenges
There are two main swim challenges on Scilly.
– the Scilly Swim Challenge involves swimming island to island with walks in between. There are six swims totalling 15km. It is a challenge not a race but to get around in the time there are minimum speed requirements. There is a 1 day and 2 day version of this event. More details here
– the Scilly 360 race is a complete circuit of St. Mary’s (about 15 km) in four stages which can be done as a solo or team relay. More details here